- Our Demystifying Review project (in collaboration with HSLU, Switzerland) is funded by an SNSF large grant (440,000CHF) awarded to Prof. Dr. Antonio Baldassarre & Dr Elena Alessandri (HSLU), and Dr Williamson.
- Our Earworms project comprises a British Academy Small Grant awarded to Lisa Marie Emerson (Sheffield, Psychology) and Dr Williamson (2016-2017) to investigate the links between Obsessive Intrusive Thoughts and Earworms. This study will be followed in 2017 by a 3 year project to be run by Dr Georgina Floridou and funded by a British Academy Postdoctoral Fellowship on ‘earworms as we age’.
- Our ‘Music in Dementia’ project has been supported by funding from the University of Sheffield IIKE fund (Sabbatical award to Dr Williamson)
- Our Living with Absolute Pitch project has been supported by a Worldwide Universities Network (WUN) Research Mobility award and a small grant from the Experimental Psychological Society, both to Dr Williamson.
- Our music for sleep project has been supported by a small grant from the Experimental Psychological Society (to Dr. Durrant) and an award from Arts Enterprise to fund our first project infographic!
- Our role in the Music and Socialisation project (‘Euphonia’ – Capturing social musicality in the human voice) is funded by a Wellcome Trust Large Arts Award in collaboration with a large group of academic partners lead by the artist Emma Smith and the Arnolfini Gallery
All the projects represent exciting collaborations with a wide variety of funders and partners:
- UK Universities (Kings College, Goldsmiths, Lincoln, Durham)
- Worldwide Universities (HSLU Music, Switzerland: Eastman School of Music, USA: Bahia University, Brazil)
- Charities (Brass Bands England: Live Music Now: Ignite Imaginations)
- Medical Centres (Royal Hallamshire)
Some of the projects already have dedicated external websites:
For any details and questions about these or the other projects, while the centre website is being constructed, please fill in the form below.