- Our Demystifying Review project (in collaboration with HSLU, Switzerland) is funded by an SNSF large grant (440,000CHF) awarded to Prof. Dr. Antonio Baldassarre & Dr Elena Alessandri (HSLU), and Dr Williamson. The project website of our Swiss partners can be found here.
- Our Earworms project comprises a British Academy Small Grant awarded to Lisa Marie Emerson (Sheffield, Psychology) and Dr Williamson to investigate the links between Obsessive Intrusive Thoughts and Earworms. Our first paper can be found here, showing a new method for covertly inducing and sampling different forms of spontaneous cognition .
- This study was followed by a 3 year project run Dr Georgina Floridou and funded by a British Academy Postdoctoral Fellowship on ‘earworms as we age’.
- Our ‘Music in Dementia’ project has been supported by funding from the University of Sheffield IIKE fund (Sabbatical award to Dr. Williamson)
- Our Living with Absolute Pitch project has been supported by a Worldwide Universities Network (WUN) Research Mobility award and a small grant from the Experimental Psychological Society, both to Dr Williamson.
- Our music for sleep project has been supported by a small grant from the Experimental Psychological Society (to Dr. Durrant) and an award from Arts Enterprise to fund our project infographic
- Our role in the Music and Socialisation project (‘Euphonia’ – Capturing social musicality in the human voice) is funded by a Wellcome Trust Large Arts Award in collaboration with a large group of academic partners lead by the artist Emma Smith and the Arnolfini Gallery
All the projects represent exciting collaborations with a wide variety of funders and partners:
- UK Universities (Kings College, Goldsmiths, Lincoln, Durham)
- Worldwide Universities (HSLU Music, Switzerland: Eastman School of Music, USA: Bahia University, Brazil)
- Charities (Brass Bands England: Live Music Now: Music in Hospitals and Care)
- Medical Centres (Royal Hallamshire)
For any details and questions about these or the other projects, while the centre website is being constructed, please fill in the form below.